Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Then as it was, then again it will be .......

Do you ever hear a song and immediately it connects you to a place, a memory, even a person? I cannot even begin to say how much of an impact music has had on my life. When I started this post I was going to say I feel like I should have been born in a different time being as my love for older music, classic rock, 80's pop, 90's (rock, grunge, pop, alternative) all speak to my music loving soul. I can't say how many times I have set my Zune on a playlist for 90's music, there's nothing like the angry voice of Alanis Morissette that makes me want punch someones boyfriend in the face and say "You Ought to Know", nothing like wanting to thank my brother (thank you BROTHER) for liking Nirvana (even if some of it kinda scared me, You know what I'm talking about and if ya don't brother call me laters and I can explain!), nothing that can immediately make me want to crank the volume of my Zune like Lovefool, a total silly song and little sad if a think about it but gotta love the beat. And the 80's what an awesome time for big hair bands (Bon Jovi which surprisingly enough is a thank you to Wayne, POP (Madonna looking at you), and amazing power ballads (Total Elipse of the Heart, don't care if it's cheesy, just don't care). Also I just have to mention I owe a big thank you to my mom for the Eagles, whom without you making me sing their songs on Karaoke I would not realize how much I love them (even if we scarred Hol with Witchy Woman), also I have mad love for Led Zeppelin (even if I can't appreciate it as much as you bubs) Ten Years Gone is just amazing (see post title). But even with all that love if I had not been born 90s I may not have gotten the chance to appreciate the music of now because I know at the end of the day I'm an indie kid at heart (yes A-ry-a I picked up this term from you), also I am very much partial to alternative to any music genre, and lately bit of folk, and alt country. So here's a playlist for you I hope you enjoy it....

Oasis- Champagne Supernova
Led Zeppelin-- Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
Pink Floyd--How I Wish You Were Here
Madonna--Open You're Heart to Me
Spin Doctors--Two Princes
Matchbox 20--Push
GooGooDolls--Slide
The Doors--Hello, I Love You
Smashing Pumpkins--Tonight, Tonight
Cher--Jesse James
Elton John--My Father's Gun
Billy Joel--Vienna
She & Him--Sentimental Heart
Coldplay--Us Against the World
Neko Case--Twist the Knife
Zola Jesus--I Can't Stand
U2--With or Without You
Kings of Leon--Pickup Truck
Florence+The Machine--Are You Hurting the One You Love
Alanis Morissette--All I Really Want
Santigold (feat. Karen O.)--GO!
Mumford&Sons--Ghost That We Know

No comments:

Post a Comment