Saturday, September 22, 2012

Heartburn. My Heart BuRnS

So I few years back Emo, her mom and dad and Me and my mom got tickets to see the Avett Brothers at the Coca Cola ballroom. We were so freaking excited to see the show, but had to go to work the next morning which kind of sucked but we did not care we were finally able to see THE AVETT BROTHERS live!!!  Well they were touring with Grace Potter and the Nocturnals who I thought were okay. I did like her new album (who does not like "Oh la la (Paris)") and really loved her song Apologies, which is probably my favorite by her. Well we had to stand outside in a line, which was okay, but we got there super early in hopes of getting closer to the stage to see the Avett Brother action. Well unfortunately I got the bad case of heartburn and really needed to set down, Grace Potter and her band came on and the played for what seemed like hours, the whole thing was made so much more fun by a very large loud young man yelling "Preach, and Amen sing it sister," every time Grace Potter would belt out and she does have a very large set of pipes. My heart was on fire so we pushed our way out of the crowd and my mother being the best trooper came with me. We went to the back of the ballroom but to many people occupied the space so went back towards the front and sat by the side of the room. I did start to feel better and Ms. Potter kept wailing in the background, but everytime I tried to stand up the pain would start again eventually it was around 9:30pm  the Avett's still had not gone on to play and I was ready to give up. My mom and I left before we got to see them and text Emo and her fam to let them know we were out of there. My disappointment in not seeing the Avett Brothers was tangible and after we finally got to the car and sat down I did start to feel better. We stopped and got ice cream on our way home! All in all I still have not gotten to see the Avett Brothers but I do love their music still and hope to rectify the situation sometime in the future.
So this leads my to my song for today: The Divide by Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, turns out I really like this album, check it out by clicking the picture of her album on the sidebar to the right under my picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment