Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Orpheus my heart is yours, always was and will be....

So I love the folk opera Hadestown. If you have not listened to it, please go do so immediately (fans of Bon Iver should really appreciate the album). So I decided today I would try some more Anais Mitchell and discovered her new album Young Man in America. I truly like this album. Now I will say that not every song was a knockout but there were several standouts for me. I just love her voice, she has such an interesting quality to her voice, it's so weird and wonderful. I also loved way the music flowed and the instruments used (BANJO!)....


Most recommended:
Coming Down
Ships
Wilderland
You Are Forgiven


Also recommened is Hobo's Lullabye by Anais Mitchell
on her ablum The Brightness. (Additional song The Changer).
This is a beautiful song.
(A little confusion on this album Hobos Lullabye maybe switched with
Sante Fe, but Santa Fe Dreamer is the song I love)




I hope you enjoy! Please comment if you do or don't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment