Friday, May 24, 2013

~~My Mad Fat Diary is My NEW Mad Fat Obsession!!~~~

Okay so...Baby Bear's birthday was the 21st (Happy Birthday again Bear who knew you threw fits!!) and it was hosted at my sister in law and brothers home!! While there Sil was telling me about this British show that was fracking hilarious and she absolutely loved it called...you guessed it.....My Mad Fat Diary. It is based on a novel on the life story of a teenage Rae Earl. The show is set in 1996 in Lincolnshire and it is about 16 yr old Rae, after just being released from a psychiatric hospital where she stayed for a few months, to be picked up by her mom, who arrives late btw and is hiding a secret boyfriend who is on the run from immigration. While on the way home she runs into an old friend Chloe and the group of friends she runs with, she tries to keep her recent past hidden all the while trying to impress this strange and funny group of people. This is literally my new favorite show this year, it is beyond amazing! Now I will recommend the show to way older teens (like 18 yrs+) due to the show can at times be crude and has a wee bit of the R rated side. But if you put some of that to the side it is so damn funny I was constantly laughing and relating to Rae who is so an unbelievable awkward and likable character as she fumbles through life. Amazing Job on the show I can't wait until there is more. Check it out on youtube.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment