Friday, May 10, 2013

A Review: Another Little Piece ~ Kate Karyus Quinn

BOOK DESCRIPTION:
The spine-tingling horror of Stephen King meets an eerie mystery worthy of Sara Shepard’s Pretty Little Liars series in Kate Karyus Quinn’s haunting debut.
On a cool autumn night, Annaliese Rose Gordon stumbled out of the woods and into a high school party. She was screaming. Drenched in blood. Then she vanished.
A year later, Annaliese is found wandering down a road hundreds of miles away. She doesn’t know who she is. She doesn’t know how she got there. She only knows one thing: She is not the real Annaliese Rose Gordon.
Now Annaliese is haunted by strange visions and broken memories. Memories of a reckless, desperate wish … a bloody razor … and the faces of other girls who disappeared. Piece by piece, Annaliese’s fractured memories come together to reveal a violent, endless cycle that she will never escape—unless she can unlock the twisted secrets of her past.
THE REVIEW:
Another Little Piece is quite the interesting read. I spent most of my time while reading this book in a various stages of discomfort and confusion, I can’t tell you how many times I put it down positively sure I would not pick it up again only to find my curiosity getting the better of me and picking the book up right where I left off. Now I don’t want to mislead I did not finish this book, no disrespect to Kate Karyus Quinn, I just did become too uncomfortable to finish. I will say this book is geared toward an older audience, at least 17 years +. There is a lot going on in this book told in present time and also flashbacks. I felt like I was reading some twisted version of the movie Jennifer’s Body, which is strange considering how twisted that movie was to begin with. This was not my favorite book I have ever read, but I will give the author credit for her creativity and whether you read it and hate it or love it I am sure you will remember it for sometime after you’re done. There’s really no way to give away too much info without spoiling the book. I will say that if you are easily squeamish and books of a dark supernatural nature offend you then this it not you’re book.
Publication Date is June 11, 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen

No comments:

Post a Comment