Monday, September 10, 2012

I Am Not A Robot Cheerleader, Sia

So I kind of have an intense love for Florence + the Machine. Florence Welch and her red hair are my hero (just kidding MOM you first always), but I was looking for something new to listen to. Apparently there is a huge likeness between Marina and the Diamonds. Now I will say that her album The Family Jewels is not my cup of tea, also sometimes I did feel that some of the lyrics were strange, but everyone has an opinion and while I personally did not find any resemblance between her and Flo, I did find my one new song today "I Am Not A Robot". The song has a pop feeling to it definitely and she rocks when she goes into falseto. Also my notable mentions that I just want to throw out there because today's post feels kind of poppy:
"Cheerleader" by St. Vincent on her Strange Mercy album (also I did really enjoy the vibe of this ablum so it is so worth the listen).
"Pageant of the Bizarre" by Zero 7 (sung by Sia) on The Garden album, this is probably my favorite Sia song, the end is so perfection. (Also on this album you will find Jose Gonzalez whom I adore and some very interesting songs, so please listen)


On another note soon to come is a review for The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle. If you have not heard of the YA post-apocalypic novel. Please follow the link to Goodreads to read the blurb. The Hallowed Ones Goodreads

Daily recommendations round up:

Marina and the Diamonds-- I Am Not A Robot
St. Vincent--Cheerleader
Zero 7--Pageant of the Bizarre


******Better to be hated than loved, loved, love for what you're not. You're vulnerable, you're vulnerable, you are not a robot cause I don't wanna be a cheerleader no more in the pageant of the bizarre
and tonight I give you my heart take a chance on me, yeah******

No comments:

Post a Comment