Sunday, September 23, 2012

--Dash & Lily's Book of Dares--

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares
Authors: Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
Published by: Harlequin UK Ltd
Publish Date: October 5, 2012
Released USA: October 26, 2010
“I’ve left some clues for you.
If you want them, turn the page.
If you don’t, put the book back on the shelf, please.”
 
 
This is how the story begins when Dash enters the Strand a few days before Christmas and locates a red notebook with instructions as to where the next clue lies, left there with the okay from Lily a strange but quirky girl looking for a little bit of excitement through the Christmas holidays.
I really. really liked this book. I thought both authors did an amazing job writing these characters, bring each to life with their own unique style. Your heart will definitely go out to Dash and Lily as they go on a weeks long adventure leaving behind clues and getting to know each other through a red moleskin notebook that they leave at various locations around New York, with the only question being will they live up to the others expectations if they were to meet in person. If you are looking for a light fun read then you should go for this book. The only issues that I had with this book was I don't know many 16 year olds with their expressive vocabulary but I also think that's kind of one of the points of this book, they are so unique to their own persons. I am glad that I took a chance on this book! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment