Sunday, September 9, 2012

My First Real Offical Post Offically: SHAVED HEADS AND FOLK MUSIC...

Me: So mom hated that picture of the haircut I liked.

Sister: Which one was that?

Me: Oh, the one with the head shaved.

Sister: I can shave it if you want.

Me: Mom would be so mad, if I shaved my head.

Sister: Yeah, she would.

Me: Lets DO IT!!!


So on a complete whim last night, my sister and I decided it would be pretty rocktacular if I shaved the sides of my head. I don't know if I really set out to have my head shaved, but she thought I would definitely back out. I knew she was waiting for me to decline the offer, so it was a total surprise when I agreed. I went inside asked my mom if my sister evened it off correctly. My mother of course asked why, to which I replied "Oh I'm just getting my head shaved."
She was completely peeved (though she did not admit to it) and told me it was my hair I could do what I want. To be honest I was kind of hoping she'd help me back out. NOPE.
So I asked if if she wanted to come outside to watch.

MOM: TO WATCH THE SHOW, SURE WHY NOT.

ME: WANT TO FILM IT.

MOM: OKAY!!

So after about twenty minutes, I had a shaved head. I was completey happy with it and then realized I would have to go to work on monday with a shaved head.

ME: What am I gonna tell them at work, when I come in with a shaved head?

SISTER: (SHE SHRUGS) Oh, tell em you lost a bet.

ME: (Contemplates) YEAH, OKAY

About that time our friend pulls up our drive and needed our help getting her baby out of the car.

KAT: What the hell happened to your head?

ME: LOST A BET.


So onto the folk music:
 I have decided to deciate a portion of this blog to music appreciation. I am going to listen to at least one new song a day (whether it be some genre of music or artist I love or hate) and at least one new book a week (PS: I love to read) and will leave my opinion on the matter here.........


" So I see it seems we've settled down
Quite a bit from the energy we once had
Oh, believe me we've settled down
Way down, way down, way down.

And all we are is burning stars
Shining brightly making sure you dont float too far
I'll keep an eye on you if you keep one on me
And then what happens we'll see
And then what happens we'll see"
---Mimicking Birds "Burning Stars"

A friend introduced me to Mimicking Birds a few months back and I only had the courage to download one song from the album. I did not realize what I was missing until today when I downloaded the entire album. They are one of the very best in indie folk I have listened to lately. The lyrics are truly amazing, and the sound beyond beautiful.
Recommended Tracks: Burning Stars. The Loop. Two amoung many...............










No comments:

Post a Comment