Sunday, January 20, 2013

Welcome Back to Oklahoma~~ American Idol Part 2

So my day got kind of long after we made it into the arena (mostly due to the fact that A-ry-a and I got separated when we got into the arena because we were in different sections) after mostly everyone got into their seats. the producers came back in and Ryan Seacrest was back and he pumped up the crowd, then the producers asked us along to sing the state song (they had to play it for us first because we could not get the tune, they tried it outside and inside the arena). After that they told us they would set up 12 tables and in groups of 4 we would we would go to one of the tables and audition in front of 2 judges at the table. This is so nerve wrecking and intimidating, but also a little calming because we are all in the same boat.
Well after they let the first round of groups down to the floor everyone else was pretty much allowed to do whatever until it was your sections turn. So A-ry-a and I met out in the halls. You could walk around the outside the arena halls and get something to eat or drink and if you were lucky find a place to practice which we did do a lot of. So after a few hours of this it was finally A-ry-a turn to go down to get in line (I thought for sure if one of us was going to make it, it would be her--she does not let a lot of people hear her sing, but she is amazing!)
I was so nervous for her, she went to go to her table and after a few minutes I saw her walk out unfortunately no ticket in hand. It made me very heart sad that she did not get it. But after I watched her walk out, not maybe twenty minutes later it was my turn, we went down to the arena and we lined up in my group of 4. It was me, 1 guy, and two other girls. I was not as nervous as I thought I would be. The guy in our line had actually auditioned I think 2 times before and had made it through this round.
So we go up to our table. Table 8 I think and I was so glad I got to go last! The judges were a male producer and a British female producer.
So it's my turn to go and I get up there and sing some Florence and I'm smiling and dancing (mostly tapping my foot to keep rhythm) thinking while I'm singing pick me, you know ya wanna pick me.
I stopped myself, if I could do anything over again it would be that I stopped my self, instead of letting them stop me.
So I went back to my place in line and they deliberated for a cool minute. Finally they call all three of us girls forward and said sorry but we're just looking for something different this year. I picked up my purse and smiled to both judges and as I left the male judge told me I had a good voice. That made my day so much. I walked away from the table with a huge smile on my face.
As I made my way out of the building trying to find my way back to A-ry-a.
She finally found me on the outside and we made our way back to the car, no tickets to the next round.
But we went to Pinkitzel's and I got the best cherry almond cupcake in the WORLD!
Now I tried to over analyze the guy judge telling me a had a good voice by thinking oh he was just being nice, after giving the rejection, but he could have said anything else like thanks for coming out or he could have just said nothing at all. I chose to believe I was one person away from a yes. Would I try out again if they came to OK sure. I think anyone who feels they have the potential should try out just for the fact that it is an experience and it was really fun even though I did not make it this year doesn't mean that maybe one day I will.

So keep watching for the Oklahoma auditions (ya may just see me and A-ry-a cheering in the crowd!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment